New script for PMDG 737 for MSFS

This is the forum for all your MSFS 2020 - PMDG 737 driver questions and issues
NobbyC_B738

Re: New script for PMDG 737 for MSFS

Post by NobbyC_B738 »

when you are at a local account as standard user on your PC, please try to change this account to Administrator type.

I have had problems previously when I installed the Oi4FS software although I ran the setup as an administrotor. Apparently that wasn't enough. Windows 11 prevents that some files were installed correctly (especially the rksoftware-Oi4FS_Bridge)
After I changed the account from local to admin type, installation went without any problem. After successful installation I changed back to local account and Oi4FS / Oi4FS24 worked fine

Good luck
Best Regards
Norbert
(EDDH)
biggstuff

Post by biggstuff »

NobbyC_B738 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:20 pm when you are at a local account as standard user on your PC, please try to change this account to Administrator type.

I have had problems previously when I installed the Oi4FS software although I ran the setup as an administrotor. Apparently that wasn't enough. Windows 11 prevents that some files were installed correctly (especially the rksoftware-Oi4FS_Bridge)
After I changed the account from local to admin type, installation went without any problem. After successful installation I changed back to local account and Oi4FS / Oi4FS24 worked fine

Good luck
Thx for the tip. I am still using a windows 10 pc but I will check into the account type and change to admin to try the install again.
Thx for your great help everytime.
Update.
I can confirm the account under which I am doing the installation is admin account. I hope there are other ideas as I do not understand why I am the only one having these problems with the installation.
And to be clear the installation goes without a hitch or a problem. It is only when I try to configure an aircraft that the software would then attempt to to open SIOC ( I see it open for a brief second) and then everything disappears and the configure page would not open at all.
biggstuff

Post by biggstuff »

I am really struggling with this and nothing makes sense anymore.
I cant even use my old Oi4fs any longer and the 24 after installation won't go into configure mode.
Short of a new computer I need whatever tips anyone may have.
Still on windows 10 if that makes any difference.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

The documentation advise you to not install to the Program Files / Program Files(86) directory, but rather to e.g. C:\SIOC, to avoid any user privileges or other WIndows issues. The Setup program should also be runned as Adminstrator.

On my PC I have this files structure for SIOC, Oi4FS and drivers:

C:\rksoftware\SIOC\Oi4FS

All SIOC files that are installed with the SIOC Setup program and should end up in C:\SIOC
All Oi4FS files and subfolder are installed with the Oi4FS Setup program and should end up in C:\SIOC\Oi4FS
All PMDG driver files and subfolder installed with the driver Setup program should end up in C:\SIOC\Oi4FS

If SIOC, Oi4FS and the PMDG driver are all installed correctly as stated in respective Setup programs, they should all work fine.
Run Oi4FS as Administrator.

It is also wise to disable any Antivirus program during installtion if you encounter problems.
biggstuff

Post by biggstuff »

mvr1918 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:50 am The documentation advise you to not install to the Program Files / Program Files(86) directory, but rather to e.g. C:\SIOC, to avoid any user privileges or other WIndows issues. The Setup program should also be runned as Adminstrator.

On my PC I have this files structure for SIOC, Oi4FS and drivers:

C:\rksoftware\SIOC\Oi4FS

All SIOC files that are installed with the SIOC Setup program and should end up in C:\SIOC
All Oi4FS files and subfolder are installed with the Oi4FS Setup program and should end up in C:\SIOC\Oi4FS
All PMDG driver files and subfolder installed with the driver Setup program should end up in C:\SIOC\Oi4FS

If SIOC, Oi4FS and the PMDG driver are all installed correctly as stated in respective Setup programs, they should all work fine.
Run Oi4FS as Administrator.

It is also wise to disable any Antivirus program during installtion if you encounter problems.
Thx again Roar
I had not installed in the program files as I read the instructions and followed vabatim.
However I did install in the D extra drive that I had as my previous version of Oi4fs was also installed on D (after I deleted the entire folder after uninstall of SIOC and Oi4fs).
Norbert, suggested I changed it from D to C as maybe there is something in the program that needs to look in C.
I just did the installation to C and the configuration now opens and I am able to configure. The only strange observation is how the MIP USB EX card is identified twice in the configured section of the 737. I definitely know I did not select it twice.
I will soon take a flight and test this new version 7.0 out
Thx for the hard work you put in to make our hobby as realistic as possible.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Oi4FS can be installed to any directory, but you should avoid the Program Files and Program File(86) folder.

If you a double line in the configuration , just make a left mouse click on one of them and it is deleted.
The configuration function will only add a configuration line if you add it.
biggstuff

Post by biggstuff »

mvr1918 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:12 pm Oi4FS can be installed to any directory, but you should avoid the Program Files and Program File(86) folder.

If you a double line in the configuration , just make a left mouse click on one of them and it is deleted.
The configuration function will only add a configuration line if you add it.
Thx again for the tip Roar, I will delete the extra line.
However I hate to be the bearer of bad news as I don't know what gremlins exist on my end.
I did take a flight with the new v7, and guess what? I had missmatch DUs with power changes. My first attempt it only happened after I switch on engine two on BUS.
Also my flight froze and non of my controls would work with the exception of the throttle. It froze right after I did flight control checks and proceeded to taxi. The external controls would not work and does not control the virtual, even using the mouse in the virtual cockpit would not work either. Only the throttle moved the plane forward but I could not even turn on the tarmac.
I have no idea if it is related to anything yet but this is the first I have ever experienced anything like this ever.
So I exited MSFS came back in and the DUs missmatched happened immediately with light test. And at one point it went missmatch even without a power change.
Once airborne no mismatches.
I dislike computer gremlins!!!!
idj4

Post by idj4 »

biggstuff wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:22 pm The only strange observation is how the MIP USB EX card is identified twice in the configured section of the 737. I definitely know I did not select it twice.
I also had two entries for the MIP configuration. I looked in Oi4FS.ini and it's listed twice. I deleted one and now it's fine. :)

Regards.
biggstuff

Post by biggstuff »

idj4 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:38 am
biggstuff wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:22 pm The only strange observation is how the MIP USB EX card is identified twice in the configured section of the 737. I definitely know I did not select it twice.
I also had two entries for the MIP configuration. I looked in Oi4FS.ini and it's listed twice. I deleted one and now it's fine. :)

Regards.
Have you experience any DUs mismatch during power changes? DUs position on virtual cockpit would move by itself and thereby would not be in sync with the MIP DUs positions?
NobbyC_B738

Post by NobbyC_B738 »

One minor issue with COM and NAV Radios:
after Radios are powered up, the initial displays are different on PMDG virtual radios and on my OC hardware radios. At each frequency one number is one higher. After I pressed the TFR button everything was fine again, so broadcasting should work fine.

displays of PMDG software radios:
SW_Radios.jpg
SW_Radios.jpg (96.85 KiB) Viewed 1094 times

displays of OC hardware radios
HW_Radios.jpg
HW_Radios.jpg (75.24 KiB) Viewed 1094 times

In the (v 7.0) script I have found Variables 0012 and 0013 that add 10000 to the frequency displays.
Var0012_0013.jpg
Var0012_0013.jpg (118.01 KiB) Viewed 1094 times

I wonder if this “correction” is a relict from previous driver / script, where it was needed for previous 737 generations. It seems that it is not needed any longer for FS2020 PMDG 737 and the latest rksoftware drivers.
After I deleted the + 10000 factor in the script, radio displays were identical on virtual and hardware radios. This works fine in any situation, after initial reading (runway state or cold&dark) and all the time during taxi or flight as well.
Best Regards
Norbert
(EDDH)